This policy gives the following information about personal data:
- what information we collect from you;
- where we keep it;
- why we collect it;
- how we use it; and
- your rights in relation to it.
We may collect and process the following data about you
- information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.leaguerepublic.com ("LR"). This includes information you provided at the time of registering to use certain elements of our site, subscribing to our services, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by LR, and when you report a problem with our site;
- if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- we may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them;
- details of transactions you carry out through our site or via other means (e.g. telephone orders) and of the fulfilment of your orders;
- you can access the site home page and browse the site without disclosing personal information. We collect standard Internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns to help us identify things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of our site. We collect this information in a way which does not identify anyone (please see our Cookie Section below for more details); and
- communication and usage data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access. We do not collect the content of emails that you have sent or received or keep a record of individual web pages that you have visited.
Where we store your personal data
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you (where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes);
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- to allow you to participate in any interactive features of our services, if you choose to do so;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer; and
- to notify you about changes to our service.
We may also use your data to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we may contact you about these by post or telephone.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, please Contact Us
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in order to fulfil your order for services;
- to enable us to provide maintenance, engineering or troubleshooting services to you in connection with goods or services supplied to you;
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if LR or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
- to protect the rights, property, or safety of LR, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Use of Intercom Services
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also change your preferences at any time by contacting us
You have the right to access information held about you. You can find out what information we hold about you by making a Subject Access Request under the Act. If we hold personal information about you we will give you a description of it, tell you why we are holding it and let you have a copy of it.
If any of the personal information that we hold about you is incorrect or needs updating, or if you want us to delete any personal information, please contact us. We may request that you provide further information and identification to enable us to comply with this request.
Third party links
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, affiliates and other third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
This policy gives the following information about cookies:
- what they are;
- which ones are used by www.leaguerepublic.com ("LR");
- the purposes for which they are used; and
- how you can manage and/or disable them.
Cookies are small text files which are placed on your device when you visit a website. They contain information that is transferred to your device's hard drive and help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service to you. Cookies enable us to:
- estimate our audience size and usage pattern;
- store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests; and
- recognise you when you return to our site.
The cookies used on this website have been categorised based on the categories found in the ICC UK Cookie guide. A list of all the cookies used on this website by category is set out below.
Category 1 - Strictly Necessary Cookies
These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website. Without these cookies, services you require, like results, statistics, standings and news cannot be provided.
||This cookie contains a session ID which is a mechanism for distinguishing different users' visits when multiple users are visiting the website at the same time. It is essential for interactive use of the site.
||On closing the web browser
Category 2 - Performance Cookies
These cookies collect information about how visitors use a website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies don't collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how a website works.
||This cookie is typically written to the browser upon the first visit to our site from that web browser. If the cookie has been deleted by the browser operator, and the browser subsequently visits our site, a new __utma cookie is written with a different unique ID. This cookie is used to determine unique visitors to our site and it is updated with each page view. Additionally, this cookie is provided with a unique ID that Google Analytics uses to ensure both the validity and accessibility of the cookie as an extra security measure.
||2 years from set/update
||This cookie is used to establish and continue a user session with our site. When a user views a page on our site, the Google Analytics code attempts to update this cookie. If it does not find the cookie, a new one is written and a new session is established. Each time a user visits a different page on our site; this cookie is updated to expire in 30 minutes, thus continuing a single session for as long as user activity continues within 30-minute intervals. This cookie expires when a user pauses on a page on our site for longer than 30 minutes.
||30 minutes from set/update
||This cookie operates in conjunction with the __utmb cookie to determine whether or not to establish a new session for the user.
||On closing the web browser
||This cookie stores the type of referral used by the visitor to reach our site, whether via a direct method, a referring link, a website search, or a campaign such as an ad or an email link. It is used to calculate search engine traffic, ad campaigns and page navigation within our own site. The cookie is updated with each page view to our site.
||6 months from set/update
Category 3 - Functionality Cookies
We do not use this type of cookie directly on our website.
Category 4 - Targeting / Advertising Cookies
LR does not directly store cookies related to advertising from our website. We serve adverts via Google DoubleClick for Publishers Small Business and Google Adsense. Please see Googles advertising privacy statements
Restricting and blocking cookies
If you wish to restrict or block the cookies which are set by our websites, or any other website, you can do this through your browser settings. The Help function within your browser should tell you how.
Alternatively, visit www.aboutcookies.org which contains comprehensive information on how to restrict or block the cookies on a wide variety of browsers. This site provides details on how to delete cookies from your computer as well as more general information about cookies.
For information on how to do this on the browser of your mobile phone you will need to refer to your handset manual.
Click here to opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites
Please be aware that restricting cookies may impact on the functionality of our website.
To obtain further information on the ICC (UK) UK cookie guide visit http://www.international-chamber.co.uk/our-expertise/digitaleconomy